Simple TAPIOCA PUDDING RECIPE
First and Foremost, HAPPY VALENTINES’ DAY TO YOU! 💖💖
My onsite students in the last couple of days have been working on Dessert. And one of the dessert family we made was “Pudding”. My Nigerian taste buds 😊 only made me addicted to the ‘tapioca pudding’. Perhaps ‘cos I grew having tapioca pudding most times, or ‘cos my taste buds isn’t familiar with so many dessert recipes (since of course dessert isn’t a Nigerian cuisine).
Well since today’s Val, here my special Tapioca Pudding recipe that you and your entire household will love!
Tapioca pudding is a sweet pudding made with tapioca pearls and either with milk or cream. It’s also very creamy and rich with a splash of vanilla extract. Apart from this base recipe, I have also made Coconut Tapioca pudding, which is indeed my second best, ‘cos of the coconut milk used and the crunch created by coconut flakes!
Tapioca starch contains no fat or cholesterol, which makes it a healthy choice for those watching their dietary cholesterol and saturated fat intake. Hence if you are watching your weight, skip the eggs in the recipe. Also make use of skimmed milk instead of whole milk.
So let’s get started!
If you are interested in learning more about DESSERT, then sign up for my onsite COURSES by chatting with me using any of the social media links.
See step-by-step recipe here: TAPIOCA PUDDING RECIPE
- Pour your tapioca pearls into a bowl, and pour in water just to cover the pearls. This is to soak the pearls so they get plump and soft. This took me 10 minutes.
- After this, strain out the water from the pearls using a mesh strainer. Next, transfer tapioca pearls to a pot, and add your milk (USE WHOLE MILK, not skimmed). Add salt and stir with a whisk to combine. Cook on low heat.
- Next add sugar, stir to combine. Keep cooking on low heat and stirring occasionally so pearls doesn’t stick to the pot’s bottom. Cook till tapioca has thickened.
- Break you eggs and place them in a bowl, set aside
- Get a smaller bowl, scoop out about ½ (half) cup of the tapioca pudding into the smaller bowl. Then pour the scooped out pudding into the egg bowl and whisk immediately to tamper the eggs and avoid curdling just like I did in my VANILLA PASTRY CREAM RECIPE.
- Then transfer egg mixture back into the pot and stir quickly. Allow this cook on very low heat till pudding thickens (about 8-10 minutes). Stir in vanilla extract. Remove pudding from heat.
- Serve warm or chilled. I prefer mine warm always.
TIP: For a richer and fluffier tapioca pudding, separate Egg whites from the yolks in separate bowls. Whisk egg yolks with the scooped out pudding and cook following the recipe. While for the egg White, whip it till it forms a stiff peak like in my Perfect MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE. Once you remove pudding from heat, fold in the egg whites, allow to cool a little before serving.
# Prepared Tapioca pudding can stay fresh for 1 week refrigerated. Just make sure to heat it up till it’s warm before serving.
#pudding #tapiocapudding #tapiocapearls #dessert #simplerecipes