Homemade Watermelon Juice.
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family! Thank you for your support, and feedback in the past 6 months I started blogging 😊😊. Looking forward to a more productive year!
Watermelon is said to contain only 46 calories per cup but it’s high in vitamin C , A, and B6. It has a high water content making it hydrating and helps you feel full. It’s been researched that watermelon has several heart-healthy components, including lycopene, citrulline and other vitamins and minerals. Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin. Some help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
Watermelon contains lots of water and a small amount of fiber — both of which are important for healthy digestion.
Watermelon juice is an excellent source of instant energy. It proves to be a natural moisturizer and toner for the face and keeps the skin glowing. It keeps the blood pressure on a check and normalizes it efficiently.
The benefits of a healthy homemade watermelon juice without colouring or preservatives is limitless. For my watermelon juice recipe, I added ginger, mint leaf, basil leaf, and lemon juice.
Ginger: one reason why I do add ginger to my watermelon juice is because it also aids digestion. Studies have shown that it contains properties that may lower cholesterol and blood sugar level.
Lemon juice: is an excellent source of vitamin C and it supports weight loss.
With all these benefits, you can admit that making watermelon juice at home is much more better than buying a canned processed watermelon juice from the stall.
Watermelon juice can be made in a blender or juicer. I used a blender. No part of watermelon is a waste. From the rind to the reddish part (watermelon pulp) and to the seeds. Since watermelon has lot of moisture, there is no need to add additional liquid (water) even if making the juice in a blender. The rind from this watermelon I kept aside for Tutti Frutti candies later.
If you are interested in learning more about BASIC DRINK PRODUCTION, then sign up for my online COURSES by chatting with me using any of the social media links (All online courses runs only on TELEGRAM). If you are in Lagos, Nigeria and needs an on-sight/physical class, feel free to chat me up too for my MENTORING PROGRAM OR SANDWICH classes.
- Wash watermelon, basil leaves, mint leaves, under running water and set aside. Next wash lemon, and squeeze out the juice. Remove the seed and keep aside. For the ginger, peel of the zest (rind), wash and keep aside.
- Now back to the watermelon, divide into halves then into smaller sizes using a kitchen knife. Then cut out the reddish parts or watermelon pulp, and proceed to cutting into sizeable cubes. Keep the watermelon rinds aside for Tutti Frutti later. 😉
- Next get your clean blender and add your watermelon pulps, mint leaves, basil leaves, and ginger. And blend till mixture is smooth.
- Strain out using a fine mesh. This is although optional. I strained out in the video ‘cos my blender is smaller and I had to blend several times before I got a smooth juice. So if you have a large blender or juicer, you don’t need to strain the juice.
- Then pour your lemon juice into the watermelon juice and stir well using either a rubber spatula or hand whisk.
- Drink immediately or keep in the refrigerator covered and drink later when chilled. The latter is my favorite anytime.
- Juice can be frozen for up to 2 weeks. To do this, keep in Mason jars or smaller containers and cover tightly. Once ready to drink, allow to thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator overnight.
#watermelonjuice #homemadejuice #homemadewatermelonjuice #summerdrinks #homemadesummerdrinks