These are the SOFTEST dinner rolls you will ever make. They are also the easiest. You do not need a special baking tool or material. So let’s get started!
- To your mixing bowl, add flour, add butter, add sugar, add salt to one side of the bowl, add yeast to another side of the bowl. Add milk, egg, and mix all to combine with your hand.
- Next grease your work surface with little cooking oil or vegetable oil, transfer your dough on it and knead for 10 minutes by hand.
# Remember to slam/slap your dough against your work surface during this process.
- If kneading with a mixer, use your hook attachment and knead for 7 minutes.
- At the end of your kneading time, dough should be smooth and stretchy.
- Prepare your Pan by slightly greasing it.I used a 10 inches round Pan here, you can use a 10 inches square Pan or a rectangular pan. Make sure you grease all the pan’s corner.
- Next, apportion dough by weighing it 50g each. Roll each dough into a tight ball. Next place in Pan, leaving an inch space in-between.
- Cover and allow to proof for 1 hour. Prepare your oven 30 minutes before end of proofing period. Then slightly grease the proofed dough with milk-egg glaze. Cover the Pan with foil.This helps create moisture during baking and hence giving you soft rolls. It also prevents the top from browning too quickly.
- Place in preheated oven and bake till golden brown.
# 5 minutes to the end of baking period, remove the foil and allow the rolls bake. Once baked, remove from heat, brush top with butter. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy.